As weeklong Homecoming festivities continue, Ward Colin and Amber Tramel will be crowned Mr. and Miss Dillard during Coronation ceremonies at 8 p.m. Friday in Dent Hall.
Other events on tap to close out the schedule include the Homecoming parade, tailgating and the double-header basketball game against Wiley College on Saturday.
Avery Ellis, chair of the Student Activities Board, said a Homecoming concert will not be held this year because there was not enough money for the artists the students selected in a poll. Ellis said the money will be held in reserve for the Spring Fest concert.
Tramel, a Dallas math major and Lady Leu Devils basketball player, will be crowned during Coronation, along with Colin, a New Orleans mass communication major.
Events will start at 10 a.m. Saturday with the parade around Gentilly, followed by “Oakfest” tailgating at noon on Kabacoff Plaza and the games at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. for the women’s and men’s teams, respectively.
Fall Open House for interested high school students will be held concurrently in the Professional Schools Building.
Events already held included:
- The National Panhellenic Council/Alumni Tailgate, Saturday, Nov. 9, on Kabacoff, followed by the Neophyte Show in Dent. Members of Delta Sigma Theta, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Alpha Phi Alpha and Kappa Alpha Psi performed.
- 75th reunion of Beta Phi Chapter, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Nov. 9-10.
- The “Royal Tea” and a Saints watch party on Sunday, Nov. 10.
- Neophyte Monday and Midnight Madness athletics on Monday, Nov. 11.
- A comedy show on Tuesday, Nov. 12.
- A talent show on Wednesday, Nov. 13.
(Astasia Williams contributed to this report.)