Late shuttles available
This has been a comeback season for Dillard. With increased enrollment, Dillard had to relocate about 200 upperclassmen to live in student housing at Southern University at New Orleans. Dillard provides shuttles free of charge to students who live on SUNO’s campus Monday through Friday, with the latest shuttle returning to SUNO just after 7 p.m.
But what happens for evening events at Dillard or if a student is a part of an organization with later activities? How can these students get to and from campus to have the total Dillard experience? As a member of the Student Activities Board, I felt bad during Welcome Week when some students were unable to enjoy some of the events we had planned. I took it upon myself to ask some students how they would be affected by shuttles not running past 7 p.m. During the first week of school, many students I spoke with were discouraged about not being able to attend the Welcome Week events. Some students also brought up other events such as late practices for Vision Quest.
I found the answer from Michelle Matthews, manager of Auxiliary Services. She said anyone from Student Success may reserve a shuttle for late events with five days’ notice. The list includes Dr. Demetrius Johnson, dean of students and director of Residential Life; Jeremy Carter, coordinator, and Dr. Roland Bullard, vice president of Student Success.
So a solution exists for this problem. If you want to attend an evening event and you need transportation back to SUNO, do not shy away from letting Student Affairs know ahead of time. We would never want any student to feel they are not getting the best college experience possible.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More ducourtbouillon News Articles
Recent ducourtbouillon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DUCOURTBOUILLON
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DUCOURTBOUILLON NEWS
RECENT DUCOURTBOUILLON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses