Late shuttles available
This has been a comeback season for Dillard. With increased enrollment, Dillard had to relocate about 200 upperclassmen to live in student housing at Southern University at New Orleans. Dillard provides shuttles free of charge to students who live on SUNO’s campus Monday through Friday, with the latest shuttle returning to SUNO just after 7 p.m.
But what happens for evening events at Dillard or if a student is a part of an organization with later activities? How can these students get to and from campus to have the total Dillard experience? As a member of the Student Activities Board, I felt bad during Welcome Week when some students were unable to enjoy some of the events we had planned. I took it upon myself to ask some students how they would be affected by shuttles not running past 7 p.m. During the first week of school, many students I spoke with were discouraged about not being able to attend the Welcome Week events. Some students also brought up other events such as late practices for Vision Quest.
I found the answer from Michelle Matthews, manager of Auxiliary Services. She said anyone from Student Success may reserve a shuttle for late events with five days’ notice. The list includes Dr. Demetrius Johnson, dean of students and director of Residential Life; Jeremy Carter, coordinator, and Dr. Roland Bullard, vice president of Student Success.
So a solution exists for this problem. If you want to attend an evening event and you need transportation back to SUNO, do not shy away from letting Student Affairs know ahead of time. We would never want any student to feel they are not getting the best college experience possible.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More ducourtbouillon News Articles
Recent ducourtbouillon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DUCOURTBOUILLON
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DUCOURTBOUILLON NEWS
- Black girls 'born guilty' in Western culture, speaker says
- 16 students who went to D.C. march plan to use experience for momentum
- Jackson wins 2017 Miss Black and Gold pageant
- Catholic activist calls for revolution, not resolutions
- Roland Martin: White blacklash follows black success
- DU Homecoming 2016
- Stopped at the door
RECENT DUCOURTBOUILLON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program