Jackson wins 2017 Miss Black and Gold pageant
NEW ORLEANS (Jan. 27, 2017) – A public health sophomore from Houston was crowned Miss Black and Gold 2017 for the Beta Phi Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity at Dillard University on Thursday, Jan. 19, in Cook Theatre.
Adriiana Jackson, who competed against two other students for the title, was crowned by last year’s winner, Sydney Jack, a sophomore theater major from Vacherie during the pageant emceed by Mr. Dillard Darren Scioneaux Jr, who also is chapter president.
The other contestants included Montana Mitchell a junior public health major from Oakland, Calif., and Kimberly Greenwood, a junior nursing major from Atlanta. The contestants competed in categories including swimsuit wear, talent, formal wear and an issues question.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More ducourtbouillon News Articles
Recent ducourtbouillon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DUCOURTBOUILLON
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DUCOURTBOUILLON NEWS
RECENT DUCOURTBOUILLON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
- Amid Opioid Abuse Crisis, Back Pain Sufferers Look to...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses