No parking? It's not so, says Bullard
NEW ORLEANS (March 10, 2017) – If all the faculty, staff and students with decals were parked on campus at the same time, slightly more than 20 percent of parking spaces would be empty.
Therefore, the problem appears to remain the location and convenience of the spaces rather than available space.
That’s the word from Dr. Roland Bullard, vice president for Student Success, who said 566 parking spaces are available on campus and slightly less than 450 parking decals are in effect, representing 79.5 percent of the available space.
Bullard said that doesn’t include spaces used by campus shuttles nor the space behind the tennis courts, which is often out of service because of construction.
Even so, additional spaces have been opened for students in front of the Student Union.
Bullard said he had no problem with the change requested by Student Government Association officials that anyone with a parking decal should be able to park in front of the union without being ticketed.
Bullard said he and his team made an assessment of parking spaces over the Christmas break because students have continued to complain that there are too few parking spaces available. Much of the student parking lies between the tennis courts and the bookstore, along with across from the library and near Gentilly Gardens.
(Alyssa Labat contributed to this report.)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More ducourtbouillon News Articles
Recent ducourtbouillon News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR DUCOURTBOUILLON
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST DUCOURTBOUILLON NEWS
- Own your identity, social justice advocate suggests
- DU Evacuteer Hackathon helps emergency preparedness
- Cagle editorial cartoon
- Jacquees to headline Spring Fest concert on Aprill 22
- State Sen. Wesley Bishop says your future is in your hands
- Two Mobile, Ala., students elected Mister, Miss Dillard
- STEM, English students big winners in Undergraduate Research Week Competition
RECENT DUCOURTBOUILLON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas