Bayou boat cruise, 1-day trip to Florida part of Senior Week
A bayou boat cruise and a day trip to
Senior Class President Jasmine Johnson said eight activities are included in the week under the theme "Follow the Bleu Brick Road," culminating with baccalaureate service on Friday, May 7, and commencement exercises on Saturday, May 8.
Students are asked to assemble in the chapel at 5 p.m. for baccalaureate service and 7 a.m. for commencement.
The first of two trips scheduled for Senior Week will be a luncheon cruise, "Bleu on the Bayou," set for Tuesday, May 4, on the Mississippi Natchez. The second is a bus trip to Destin beaches and shopping on Wednesday, May 5.
Johnson said shuttles to the luncheon will leave promptly at 10:15 a.m. from the chapel. She said students are encouraged to ride the shuttle since parking is limited and includes a fee.
"We're kind of doing it like the Red Hat ladies, so we're encouraging the ladies to wear hats and summer dresses," Johnson said.
For the Destin trip, "Bleu Voyage," buses will be boarded at 7:15 a.m. A continental breakfast will be served, and a visit to an outlet mall is planned.
Johnson said students who plan to attend will need to contact a member of the class council to confirm their seats.
Other activities will include:
Sunday, May 2
· Senior Sunday ("Bleu Beginnings"): 10:45 a.m. in Lawless Memorial Chapel.
· A jazz brunch ("Bleu Notes") following chapel service, from noon to 3 p.m. at the Alumni House. Johnson said students will walk over as a group and will enter when she gives the "Dillard knock." Students should RSVP at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Monday, May 3
· Senior Awards ceremony ("I Got the Bleus"): 7 p.m. in Kearny Dining Hall. Johnson said deans will recognize top seniors in their divisions. Seniors are encouraged to wear blue.
Tuesday, May 4
In addition to the boat cruise, the "Presidential Bleu Brunch" is set for 6-8 p.m. at the home of Dr. Marvalene Hughes, DU president. Shuttles will leave campus at 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 5
· Destin trip (details above).
Thursday, May 6
· All-white linen party, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., at the Crystal Magnolia Country Club,
Friday, May 7
· Rehearsals at 9 a.m. in the chapel.
Johnson stressed that these events are only for graduating seniors. For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Courtbouillon News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST COURTBOUILLON NEWS
- Newly inducted greeks introduced during Homecoming week
- Hartzell expected to reopen late November
- DU underclassmen find curfew policies 'ridiculous' but safe
- Change society through justice, speaker urges
- 'Zooman and the Sign' to run through this weekend
- Homecoming Coronation set for 8 p.m. Friday
- CNN analyst to speak on Tuesday; ER doctor/author on tap in spring
RECENT COURTBOUILLON CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care